The essential guide to emergency medical procedures away from home. The Outdoor Medical Emergency Handbook provides easy-to-follow advice on how to prevent, treat and care for illnesses and injuries while outdoors or travelling. Using accurate drawings and a step-by-step format, the authors describe how to effectively assess a situation and what actions to take.
The book covers:
- Planning and pre-departure tasks, expeditions with children, examining a casualty, medical kit design;
- Resuscitation ABCs, loss of consciousness, heart attack, diabetic emergencies, choking;
- High altitude sickness, hypothermia, dehydration, animals and insects, drowning;
- Wounds and bleeding, neck and spinal injuries, abdominal injuries, fractures, treating pain;
- Neurological and psychological disorders, infectious diseases, overdoses, poisoning;
- Emergency chest decompression, injections.
With its at-a-glance design, pack-ready format and waterproof cover, the Outdoor Medical Emergency Handbook is essential equipment for anyone travelling, whether camping with the family or making a solo assault on the Himalayas.
Visit Product Website